|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||March 1, 2017|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€55,001 to €60,000|
Mechanical Design Engineer (contract)
Duration: Initial 6-month contract with potential for extension
Location: South Dublin
The Mechanical Engineer will work within a team of multi-discipline Engineers and Designers and will be involved in all aspects of the mechanical design of the company’s data acquisition systems. This will include chassis and accessory design which will meet environmental requirements (thermal, shock, vibration, EMC and liquid ingress).. This challenging and exciting role combines the application of Mechanical engineering principles coupled with a good understanding of Electrical/Electronic engineering.
This position entails:
- Participating in design projects from inception to completion. This involves proposing and appraising technical design solutions with a view to prototyping through to design of final product and close involvement in manufacturing / testing.
- Perform Finite Element Modelling (FEA) and bolt studies.
- An Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics is required.
- Strong 2+ years’ experience in SolidWorks 2012+
- Strong ability and capability of using SolidWorks add on programs such as Simulation and Floworks.
- A good understanding of analysis of stress and strain loads, torque loads, shear stress, shock analysis, random vibration analysis and thermal analysis.
- Good skills in DFMA, understanding manufacturing techniques, EMC, IP ratings, material selection, environmental specs, avionic test specs, MIL specs.
- Efficient in 3D part modelling, 3D Assemblies with motion and clash detection if required, 2D drafting skills to BS8888 and understanding of ISO9001.
- A clear understanding (with case study examples) of their experience in MRP, MRP-II, Configuration management, PDM systems.
- Good skills in using Adobe, Microsoft office.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Analytical report writing in shock, vibration and destruction tests, use of AutoCAD and AutoDesk Inventor.
Good to have
- Any portfolio examples of 2D and 3D CAD (treated in complete confidentiality) and be able to demonstrate Case Studies of ‘cradle to grave’ projects from customer enquiry and concepts to drawings, to manufacture, to assembly to shipping.
Salary: eu55-65k pro rata plus benefits