|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Wicklow Town, Ireland|
|Date Posted||October 6, 2016|
Sales and Marketing
Our client is a well-known and leading Irish wine retailer and wholesaler. Their busy retail shop is based in Wicklow Town and offers a unique and mostly “direct from source” range of quality wine and fresh and pre-prepared artisan food products to a loyal local and expanding customer base. In line with current business development plans, the company wishes to recruit an additional sales assistant on a part-time basis.
- To carry out day to day sales of food & wine products to customers using every opportunity to cross sell ensuring high level of customer satisfaction and long term retention.
- Use a cash register in the process of sales, cash receipt and cash management.
- Use POS software to track sales and update customer database.
- To specifically focus on developing food product lines, expanding selection and choice offering to customers, organising tasting of different and new food product with an emphasis on cheese and associated products.
- Become familiar with company’s range of wine
- Operate shop’s coffee station
- Develop in-depth knowledge of customer preference, favourites etc
- Assist in the organisation of stock on the shop floor. Moving and lifting heavy items is a daily task.
- Maintain shop floor and equipment used in food and beverage preparation to a high level of cleanliness and in line with HACCP standards.
- Observe work place health & safety obligations.
- Report any irregularities to the shop manager and/or owner
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a successful retail environment selling food & wine or similar product offering. Previous knowledge of selling wine whilst not absolutely essential would be very beneficial.
- Preferably some qualification in food hygiene and possibly certification in wine.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to engage naturally with people whilst sometimes under pressure and having to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English is essential.
- Show initiative and offer ideas on how to continually improve both the product and service offering with a particular emphasis on food.
- Must be a good listener and be willing to learn and show a genuine interest in wine and food sales with a similar commitment to develop one’s own knowledge base.
- Computer literate, familiar with MS Office suite and using /updating social media, Facebook, Twitter etc!
- Must show flexibility in working hours and be open to working Saturdays as well.
- Preferably living local to Wicklow Town.
- Must be fully authorised to work in Irelan
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual with knowledge and passion in the food and wine sector to develop and learn from a very experienced wine team and become a key part of the business’ success going forward.
Conditions: part-time circa 20 hours a week, details to be discussed.
Salary: eu10 per hour neg DOE