|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 26, 2019|
|Salary Range||Not Disclosed|
Our client is a well-established and highly successful 4 star Hotel in Galway with 150 bedroom, multiple conference suites, restaurants and therapy Spa. They are about to embark on exciting plans to upgrade/renovate the property over the next three year and this is a fantastic time for someone with passion looking to develop a career as an Accommodation Manager.
The Accommodation Manager’s key purpose is to ensure that all areas of the hotel are maintained to the highest standards. The Accommodation Team supports and works in partnership with all other departments, ensuring all standards are met and each guest has their expectations met or exceeded. During renovations the Accommodation Manager will also be working closely with external suppliers and contractors, ensuring a seamless running of the hotel. This role is full time and permanent in nature, and your normal working week will be five days over a seven-day roster, including weekends.
- To motivate and influence your team to achieve results, by demonstrating leadership through personal accountability, seeing and articulating a vision and a willingness to make hard decisions
- To ensure that each room is cleaned to standard, all amenities are in each room as per standard and each room is inspected and updated in the property management system
- To create and update standard operating procedures as needed
- To ensure that all public areas of the hotel are routinely cleaned and this cleaning is appropriately recorded ad inspected
- To ensure that all staff in your department comply with all appropriate standards.
- To ensure that all maintenance issues are recorded, scheduled and addressed in a timely fashion.
- To be aware of, and report on, all safety issues in relation to guests and staff within the property and to be ensure your team is fully trained in Health and Safety matters as well as Emergency Procedures.
- 2 years’ experience as an accommodation manager or supervisor in a similar sized property
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Ability to learn new information systems
- Strong commercial and business knowledge an advantage
- Resilient and capable of working under pressure a distinct advantage
- Third level qualification an advantage
APPLICANTS MUST BE BASED IN IRELAND WITH RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND FULL WORKING STATUS.