|Date Posted||February 7, 2018|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€45,001 to €50,000|
Job Title: Applications Engineer (Electrical)
Job Location: Midlands with some short-term travel
The Electrical Applications Engineer will accompany the Sales Engineer and the Mechanical Applications Engineer on occasion to a potential customer site. After reviewing the customer requirements, the Applications Engineers will work in tandem with the sales engineer to draft out a concept solution in CAD (and when trained, in specialist simulation software)
After agreeing the solution with the Sales Engineer, the Applications Engineers will conduct a detailed costing of the mechanical equipment and any bought in equipment and will assist where necessary in producing the final quotation.
If the concept becomes live then the applications engineer will work closely with the design departments to support the transfer of information to them. The applications engineer will then project manage from point of sale to handover to customer.
This is a varied role that will provide diverse experience over a period of time. No two projects managed by the company are the same meaning the role is rewarding and diverse.
The position of Electrical Application Engineer will report into the Plant Manager and requires someone with strong proven automation experience from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems) or a machinery automation background and should had exposure to a wide range of automation in production lines. They will hold an Electrical/Automation Degree or similar
- Electrical Design Experience
- Development electrical design based on of concept solutions and layouts provided in AutoCAD/SolidWorks
- Costing in-house designs and purchased equipment for a given project
- Excellent Systems Integration abilities
- Project management (internal or external).
- Good Listening Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Time Management
- MS Office full suite
- Dealing with Customers providing engineering support to sales team
- Dealing with machinery suppliers on specifications and cost
- Creating URS's
- Identifying key machinery types and setting up supplier agreements
- Quoting small jobs direct to customers
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and to a high standard.
- Ability to construct technical manuals and documentation.
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems and capabilities.
This role is unique to the company and would suit a Electrical Engineer who has had exposure to different production lines containing a wide variety of equipment. It is predominantly a sales support role which provides the technical support to sales on concept solutions.
Salary on offer is negotiable DOE plus generous benefits