|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 28, 2019|
Accountancy and Finance
Our client is a well-established and highly successful 4 Star Hotel and Spa which is part of a wider Hotel Group. They are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller to support the FC and deputise when they are absent. This is a superb opportunity for a recently qualified Accountant with relevant commercial industry experience.
- Preparation of weekly forecasts
- Creation and preparation of weekly reports and commentary.
- Effective examination of financial data and reports to ensure that there are no discrepancies
- Ensure that all cash is managed and reconciled correctly
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported in line with company standards
- Income Audit - Ensuring that all sales are recorded accurately, and that income metrics are tracked and analysed to promote action.
- Accounts Receivable - Ensure that the system of recording, invoicing and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner and that the property's debtor are tracked and monitored periodically.
- Accounts Payable - Supervision of creditor process to include monitoring of PO system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices to sign off on creditor reconciliations at month end.
- Responsibility for supervising the Payroll function. Highlighting/ generating reports for individual departments within each property addressing problem areas. Processing payroll and ensuring that rostering, time sheet input and payment is conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Preparation of statutory tax returns including VAT
- Create and implement effective systems to prevent errors in data calculations and collections
- Report to the General Manager & Group Directors with accurate financial information and assist in the preparation and presentation of reports to senior executives.
Experience and Qualifications:
- AR experience including checking invoices, sending out statements to clients, making Debtors call to collect overdue accounts, credit control, bank reconciliations.
- AP experience including Coding of purchase invoices, posting purchase invoices to Sage, monthly reconciliation of creditors each month, processing payments runs.
- Payroll processing experience.
- Financial reporting & analytical ability including completion of weekly reports, Stock report analysis, budgeting.
- 2-years Industry experience from a similar role.
- IT skills and competent in MS Excel, Micropay and Sage line 50
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Honesty, integrity & reliability
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CPA, CIMA etc.,)
As well as a competitive basic salary our client provides an excellent working environment for their staff. Work benefits include a focus on employee wellbeing, healthy menu options when at work, discounts in the hotel on all services and products as well as discounted rates in the wider Hotel Group plus learning and development opportunities for any ambitious individual.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND WITH RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS AND INDUSTRY EXPEREINCE.