|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 1, 2019|
Our client a well-established law firm in Dublin 2 are currently looking for an experienced, proactive Bid Manager to support their continued growth and business development activities. You may have experience of working in a similar role in a professional services firm or have a background working as a barrister, professional support lawyer, accountant or sales professional.
The Bid Manager will be a key member of a well-respected and growing marketing & business development team.
This role would suit an astute and enthusiastic professional, who is keen to have a real impact in a busy and entrepreneurial environment. Commercially aware, you will naturally be sensitive to the concerns and needs of internal and external clients. You are professional and personable, with a mature attitude.
TENDER MANAGEMENT & EXECUTION
- Manage ‘watch list’ of upcoming RFPs/tender requests for public and private sector tenders
- Engage with partners to identify business opportunities
- Identify and track opportunities to tender for work with existing and target clients
- Manage Tender Library and content to ensure it is kept up-to-date
- Central control of document production and drafting
- Maintain and develop practice panel and client lists
- Reporting: Tracking and reporting on results, trends and statistics
- Feedback: Source feedback and implement actions to improve quality and success of proposal submissions
- Lead Bid/No Bid decisions on all tender opportunities
- Advise on pitch strategy and key messages
- Pricing: Work with finance team and partners to agree pricing strategies
Tender Execution, Project Management & Writing
- Project manage the bid process, sourcing standard content and write new content as required
- Liaise with lawyers and business support staff on range of inputs including pricing and billing data
- Feedback: Conducting post bid/tender feedback meetings
- Preparation of pitch and presentation materials
- Rehearsing and coaching presentation teams
- Conducting debriefs internally and with clients; communicating feedback internally.
- Researching companies and sectors
- Reporting: Tracking & reporting to the firm and senior partners on business development activity
- Legal Directory Submissions: Liaising with fee earners to agree messaging and supporting matters for inclusion in practice and sector submissions to Legal 500 and Chambers.
- Sector and Practice area BD plans– Working with fee earners Development to draft and execute Business Develop & Marketing plans for practice/sector areas and firm initiatives.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Educated to primary degree level.
- A minimum of5 years relevant post-graduation work experience
- Fluent English language skills are critical – both oral and written
- You may have a directly relevant experience of working in a bid role in a corporate environment or have a background as a barrister, professional support lawyer, a lawyer, sales professional or an accountant.
- Possess advanced MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
A Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered along with excellent career opportunity.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND