|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 3, 2020|
Accountancy and Finance
|Salary Range||€30,001 to €35,000|
An accounts Administrator is required for busy solicitors office on a 9 month contract beginning May 2020 to cover maternity leave.
A minimum of two years experience in a similar role is required to be considered for this position.
Salary starts at 28K and is Dependant on experience.
The role is a 9 month contract to cover maternity leave from May 2020- Jan 2021. Ideal for someone looking to relocate to Sligo, or someone looking to expand their current accounting experience for future positions.
Previous bookkeeping experience in a busy office/ law firm is essential.
Knowledge of Opsis beneficial
Knowledge of Thesaurus beneficial
Accounting Qualification is preferred however experience alone if substantial will be considered.
The candidate needs the following skillsets to be considered:
- Experience working on own initiative
- Great organization skills
- Proficient in word/ Excel and Microsoft
- Good pc skills and some knowledge of payroll/accounting systems.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Well-presented and polite
In the role of financial bookkeeper, you are expected to keep track of official company spending to ensure there is a clearly defined expenditure trail. You will create financial transactions and use that information to complete financial reports.
The creation of the transactions mentioned above involves the posting of information to accounting journals/software from documents such as cash receipts, supplier invoices and invoices to customers. As a bookkeeper, you’re also charged with reconciling accounts to ensure accuracy. Ultimately, you must make sure your company/clients comply with legal requirements.
Your daily/monthly responsibilities will include the following:
- Processing sales invoices, receipts, and payments.
- Ensuring VAT and Paye is paid in full to Revenue
- Processing wages
- Verification, allocation and posting of transactions to maintain subsidiary accounts.
- Completing month end reconciliations and dealing with auditors when required.
- Balancing the general ledger through the preparation of a trial balance and monthly close
- Preparation of the Profit & Loss sheets for your company’s annual accounts.
- Transferring money as required
- Processing weekly fees