|Date Posted||July 1, 2022|
|Salary Range||€50,001 to €55,000|
Job title: Process Manufacturing CAM Engineer
Our client is an expanding engineering fabrication company providing services to the aerospace and medical devices industries. As they pursue an ambitious growth plan the customer’s profile, technology requirements and operational requirements are changing and becoming more complex. This in turn requires the company to develop up to date standard working methods, enhance process development and continue upskilling to ensure the company’s end goal delivery targets are met. To help achieve these goals they are now interested in hiring an experienced Applications/Process Manufacturing Engineer with strong programming experience in CAM packages such as Fusion, HSM or Hypermill to join their engineering team.
Role reports to: Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- NPI & technical transfers.
- To provide solutions for the development of customer’s products, i.e. design for manufacture, selection of materials, research, design, build, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain all of the Work holding, Tooling, fixtures, Jigs, production aids, production processes and other systems (made or bought), which are required to make the company’s products.
- Develop methods, strategies and programs for new parts.
- CAM system optimisation for full machine tool utilization.
- Produce standard operating procedures (SOP) and work instructions (WI) used in the production of the Company’s products.
- Perform technical transfers.
- Engage constructively with other functions and colleagues within the Company to drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing processes in the company using Lean principles.
- To resolve problems in production processes in a timely and controlled manner.
- Optimise machine capability. Understand the total functionality of equipment.
- Produce prototypes & speed shop parts as required.
- To plan, lead, meet and/or exceed the Project deadlines, milestones and goals agreed with the Company
- Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials which are relevant to the Company’s business.
- Assist as required with business case write ups for new Equip or processes.
- Assist as required with the development/ implementation of training plans for operators.
Required Skills & Experience
- Leadership & Interpersonal Abilities are essential.
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Be competent and capable of leading & mentoring a team.
- Have a practical, constructive approach to problem solving.
- Be a lean manufacturing champion with excellent analytical skills.
- Programming experience in CAM packages such as Fusion, HSM or Hypermill
- This candidate will be a time served Toolmaker or experienced CNC machinist with several years’ experience covering all or most of the requirements above.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Applicants who require work authorisation are not being considered at this time.
- Training will be provided in areas where skills and knowledges gaps are identified.
- Over time the content of the role will modify, change and develop to reflect the developing needs of the business. Help and assistance is available from the Engineering services within the company i.e. quality, procurement, design, sales, logistics, finance etc.
Excellent career prospects
Salary: €45-55k DOE plus benefits