|Date Posted||March 8, 2017|
Sales and Marketing
|Salary Range||€20,000 to €25,000|
Certified Wine Sales Assistant (Part-time)
Our client is a well-known and leading Irish wine retailer and wholesaler. Their busy retail outlet is based in Wicklow Town and offers a unique and mostly “direct from source” wide and diverse range of quality wine and fresh and pre-prepared artisan food products to a loyal local and expanding customer base. In line with current business development plans, the company wishes to recruit an additional sales assistant on a part-time basis.
- To carry out day to day sales of Wine & Food products to customers using every opportunity to cross sell ensuring high level of customer satisfaction and long term retention.
- Use a cash register in the process of sales, cash receipt and cash management.
- Use POS software to track sales and update customer database.
- To specifically focus on developing food product lines, expanding selection and choice offering to customers, organising tasting of different and new food product with an emphasis on cheese and associated products.
- Become familiar with company’s range of wine stock
- Operate shop’s coffee station
- Develop in-depth knowledge of customer preference, favourites etc
- Assist in the organisation of stock on the shop floor. Moving and lifting heavy items is a daily task.
- Focus on developing food product lines, expanding selection and choice offering to customers, organising tasting of different and new food product with an emphasis on cheese and associated products.
- Maintain shop floor and equipment used in food and beverage preparation to a high level of cleanliness and in line with HACCP standards.
- Observe work place health & safety obligations.
- Report any irregularities to the shop manager and/or owner
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a successful retail environment selling Wine, Food or similar product offering. Previous knowledge of selling wine or working in the wine industry is essential
- Strong preference given to someone with WSET Level 4 Diploma but WSET Level 2 and demonstrable knowledge of wine will be acceptable
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to engage naturally with people whilst sometimes under pressure and having to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English is essential.
- Show initiative and offer ideas on how to continually improve both the product and service offering with a particular emphasis on food.
- Must be a good listener and be willing to learn and show a genuine interest in wine and food sales with a similar commitment to develop one’s own knowledge base.
- Computer literate, familiar with MS Office suite and using /updating social media, Facebook, Twitter etc!
- Must show flexibility in working hours and be open to working Saturdays as well.
- Preferably living local to Wicklow Town.
- Must be fully authorised to work in Ireland
This is an outstanding opportunity for a qualified individual with knowledge and passion in the Wine and fine foods sector to develop and learn from a very experienced wine team and become a key part of the business’ success going forward.
Conditions: part-time circa 20 hours a week with opportunity of increased hours after probation period. Must be willing to work 2 Saturdays a month.
Salary: eu10 per hour neg DOE plus appropriate training if required