|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2018|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||Not Disclosed|
- Key team member working in a start-up building a state of the art data science platform from scratch.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Identify data requirements for models and have input into data collection.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Build machine learning models, delivering prediction results with increasing accuracy
- Bring the latest technology and techniques in data modelling and machine learning to the start-up.
- Develop the code required, working with other disciplines to enable the models to integrate into a larger platform.
- Bring a diligent, conscientious and proactive work ethic.
- Master’s degree from a numerate science discipline, which included at least one module on statistics (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science).
- Programming experience in numerical analysis and/or experience with statistical data analysis using tools such as R and Python.
- Evidence of strong mathematical modelling and machine learning capabilities.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to interpret technical, scientific and business requirements effectively.
- Fluency in the English language is required.
- Flexible work attitude, willing to help out with all the tasks that a start-up face.
Highly desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge and/or interest in the fields of agriculture, microbiology, chemistry physics, electronics.
- Experience with deep learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience in a start-up or start-up like environment, showing innovative thinking and a first principles approach.