|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South East, Ireland|
|Date Posted||November 29, 2017|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€40,001 to €45,000|
Job title: Design Engineer
Location: South East
Produce detailed designs for jigs, fixtures and special purpose tooling to support our clients’ Med-tech customers and to offer design support to internal engineering personnel.
The role will have responsibility for ensuring that all work is efficiently and effectively managed and executed within defined constraints, such as time and budget, and with due diligence. The role will require strong technical skills, strong communication skills and interaction with managers, engineers, internal and external team members, suppliers and clients.
As a Design Engineer you will be expected to work as part of the engineering and commercial team, whilst assisting with providing sales concepts and working design solutions to technical problems delivering to customers in the Med Tech industry with the minimum of supervision. Your general duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Receive the customer brief/remit, assist in formulating the scope of works and develop concepts and working designs.
- Provide best value working design solutions to technical problems.
- Work effectively within a multi-disciplinary environment such that designs consider the impact across all relevant disciplines, ie design for manufacture.
- Ensuring that all Documentation is managed according to the requirements of the job/projects.
- Responsibility for ensuring that your work within your department is carried out accurately and with due diligence.
- Effective Time management and execution of output within defined timeline and budgetary constraints.
- Ensuring effective, professional and appropriate communication at all times whilst protecting the interest of the company.
- Problem solving and application of good engineering principles.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with Clients Specifications, User Requirement Specifications, Health and Safety Requirements, Company Quality requirements, Company Policy, legislation, design standards and good engineering practice.
- Supporting and assisting Managers, and colleagues.
- Adhere to the Company’s ethical conduct guidelines and maintain a working environment which is supportive and respectful of other employees.
- Undertake duties of a general nature that may be required by your manager.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement activities in the company.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- 7 years previous experience in a similar position.
- Extremely proficient in mechanical CAD design specifically SolidWorks
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of toolmaking and med tech industries.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Numerate and highly computer literate.
- Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-sustaining engineer with ability to effectively work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Competent user of relevant design software packages, particularly Solidworks, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- A proven commitment to continued professional development.
- Customer satisfaction focused.
- A strong teamwork, continuous improvement and quality mindset.
Salary: eu40-45k DOE