|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 7, 2020|
|Salary Range||€60,001 to €70,000|
Our Client is a cutting edge technology company that has established itself as the preferred supplier in their field to industry leading enterprise software companies. They provide their clients with comprehensive telemetry & business intelligence solutions that allow them to protect their intellectual property and convert any licensing breaches into paying customers. They are now seeking to recruit an AWS DevOps Engineer for their Dublin office, with responsibility for the building and managing an AWS Cloud based infrastructure, release automation and deployment of applications into the environment.
The successful candidate must have a B.Sc. in Computer Science (or equivalent). A minimum of 2 years’ experience in building and maintaining large Amazon AWS based SaaS solutions is required to be considered for this position.
Experience with the use, deployment and management with a mix of technologies in an AWS Cloud environment is required.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Automation of manual software release and deployment processes.
- Other activities and responsibilities that may be deemed appropriate as required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS, CloudFront, CloudFormation, Route53) to develop and maintain of an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Deployment: Experience deploying system components in an AWS Cloud environment (e.g. using CodeCommit, OpsWorks/Chef, CloudBuild, AWS CodePipeline/Jenkins).
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
Desirable Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- Networking: Understanding network security in the AWS cloud (Security Groups, VPC).
- Monitoring Tools: Experience integrating with system monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix, Amazon CloudWatch, Kibana).
- Application Containerization: Experience using Docker, Kubernetes/ECS.
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
- BSc in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.