|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2018|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€60,001 to €70,000|
Job Title: Electronic Test Engineer (Design Verification)
Reporting To: Product Development Manager
The job involves proving fitness for use of individual modules and/or entire complex instrumentation systems. The work includes:
- Liaising with designers to ensure DFM/DFT principles are observed.
- Devising test suites that ensure coverage of all design goals as specified in datasheets, design documents and published standards.
- Design of individual tests (jigs and scripting) for testing of both analogue and digital circuits.
- Investigation and isolation of exceptions discovered.
- Documentation to a high standard of all results and exceptions.
- Liaison with designers and/or technical management to resolve all issues arising.
- Transfer of type testing routines to final production tests as and where appropriate.
- Approval of engineering documentation including schematics, bills of material, production assembly instructions etc.
- Contribution to and approval of datasheets.
- Adherence to and/or contribution to the development of ISO 9001 approved departmental procedures and work instructions.
- Maintaining an awareness of current state of the art and competing technologies in the market.
The successful candidate must be qualified to at least primary degree level and will have minimum of five years’ experience in a verification or development role. He/she must be able to demonstrate first-rate problem-solving skills and have a thorough knowledge of both analogue and digital electronics. In addition, strong communication skills both written and verbal are essential as is ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Preference will be given to candidates who have previously worked in an ISO9001 certified environment and/or who have some prior programming experience. Experience with Python (or PERL) and/or C++ an advantage.