|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2017|
Accountancy and Finance
Our client is a well established and very successful sales and distribution company based in North County Dublin. We are currently looking to recruit a Finance / Operations Manager due to the imminent retirement of the present incumbent.
We are looking for someone a qualified accountant with at least 15 years experience in industry, ideally from a distribution background and experience in both Irish & UK operations.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER RESPONSIBLIITIES
- Managing all finance and accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly management meetings.
- Ensure compliance with technical accounting issues.
- Supervise month end and year end close off processes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements.
- Submission of VAT and PAYE returns.
- Develop accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage, control and reconcile inter- company transactions.
- Manage the treasury function. Ensuring purchase of foreign currencies meet levels that protect our margins.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly salaries.
- Preparation of Year End Financial Statements and accompanying schedules for audit.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
BUSINESS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain employee register.
- Preparation of employee contracts of employment.
- Compliance with employment law.
- Back up support to Sales administration function.
- Preparation of monthly sales reports.
- 15+ years industry experience with at least 3 years experience at a Financial Control / Management level.
- Experience dealing with foreign exchange / currency issues.
- Experience in an import and distribution business would be preferable.
- General business operations experience is essential as the scope of the role will go beyond pure Finance.
- Relevant qualification would be essential.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered based on experience and ability within the scope of the position.
CANDIDATES MUST BE BASED IN IRELAND WITH FULL WORKING STATUS AND RELEVANT IRISH EXPERIENCE.