|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 17, 2018|
Accountancy and Finance
|Salary Range||€70,001 to €80,000|
Our client is a well established and very successful sales and distribution company based in North County Dublin. We are currently looking to recruit a Finance / Operations Manager due to the imminent retirement of the present incumbent.
We are looking for someone a qualified accountant with at least 10 years experience in industry, ideally from a distribution background and experience in both Irish & UK operations.
FINANCIAL CONTROLLER RESPONSIBLIITIES
- Managing all finance and accounting operations, including Billing, A/R, A/P, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly management meetings.
- Ensure compliance with technical accounting issues.
- Supervise month end and year end close off processes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements.
- Submission of VAT and PAYE returns.
- Develop accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Manage, control and reconcile inter- company transactions.
- Manage the treasury function. Ensuring purchase of foreign currencies meet levels that protect our margins.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly salaries.
- Preparation of Year End Financial Statements and accompanying schedules for audit.
- Additional controller duties as necessary.
BUSINESS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain employee register.
- Preparation of employee contracts of employment.
- Compliance with employment law.
- Back up support to Sales administration function.
- Preparation of monthly sales reports.
- 10+ years industry experience with at least 3 years experience at a Financial Control / Management level.
- Experience dealing with foreign exchange / currency issues.
- Experience in an import and distribution business would be preferable.
- General business operations experience is essential as the scope of the role will go beyond pure Finance.
- Relevant qualification would be essential.
CANDIDATES MUST BE BASED IN IRELAND WITH FULL WORKING STATUS AND RELEVANT IRISH EXPERIENCE.