|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
Accountancy and Finance
|Salary Range||€40,001 to €45,000|
Job Title: Graduate Sales Engineer
Job Location: Greater Dublin based or surrounding counties with countrywide travel
Job Type: permanent, full-time
Start: June/July subject to notice period
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Our client is a long-established multinational engineering company who are leaders in the provision of sensor and vision systems, factory automation and safety systems targeting the manufacturing and industrial markets.
Your New Sales Engineering Job Opportunity
If your desire is to commence your career in engineering sales with an employer that values your contribution, recognises your hard work and rewards you well for good results, then this might just be for you…….
First off, all newly hired candidates are immersed into an intensive 6 to 8-week training and induction programme. This will help you learn about the company, how it functions, company culture, individual expectations, work and sales processes and procedures, introduction to new customers, territories etc!. After your training you will then become a key member of a small but hardworking and productive sales team.
What you are like as a person…
Your hunger to succeed and learn should have no bounds.
You will have energy for action and enjoy the sweetness of a closed sale and happiness of your customer.
You will be driven to know more than our competitors and prove to your customer spending more now with you is saving more later.
You will easily convince your company’s product and backup services are second to none.
You will be equally comfortable conversing with customers by phone, email and face to face.
You will engage naturally with people, listen well and deliver thoughtful answers and solutions by asking probing and intelligent questions.
You will be curious as to how things work and have an exploratory nature to designing solutions for your customers.
You will have a hunger to succeed and over-achieve
You will have a naturally positive and enthusiastic attitude with strong influencing and negotiation skills and an eye for the “close”.
Your customer engagement will be convincing and influential and show a high level of regard for their business model and associated challenges so you can deliver solutions that add value and increase the chance for repeat sales.
You will have a likable persona and naturally get on with all traits and character types at all levels of business.
Your core job duties will be as follows….
- Designated territory sales and new business development.
- Identifying and following up on potential new sales opportunities - including new markets, potential growth areas, new market trends, cross selling opportunities
- New business development calling new and existing clients, following through on marketing generated leads.
- Attend industry relevant seminars, conferences and events when appropriate.
- Qualify prospective clients organise meetings with relevant stakeholders and decision makers.
- Plan your business day and schedule accordingly to maximise your sales effectiveness.
- Develop cycle of repeat sales whilst keeping abreast of changing market trends, competitor offerings etc!
- Qualified to degree level in an engineering, technical or business discipline. Other disciplines maybe considered once applicants show a passion/aptitude for all things technical and engineering
- Recent or newly qualified graduate with the will and determination to pursue a career in technical sales. Candidates with previous B2B technical sales and business development experience will also be considered once they show a willingness to learn and adapt.
- Ability to work well in a KPI target driven environment
- You should understand the importance of following a sales process and attention to detail.
- Must be eligible to work on a full-time permanent basis in Ireland
- Must have a full driving licence
- Fluent English both oral and written
Package on offer
Salary: €30-35k plus bonus, company car, laptop, mobile, health & life insurance, pension and travel expenses.
*Our client has a tradition of promoting from within the organisation so there are excellent career prospects available with this employer