|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 28, 2019|
Accountancy and Finance
|Salary Range||€60,001 to €70,000|
Our client is a well-established and highly successful management company operating almost 20 Hotels throughout Ireland. Due to continued growth and on boarding of new properties they now have a vacancy for a Financial Controller working at Head Office with responsibility for several properties.
You will be employed primarily as Group Financial Controller, reporting directly to the Finance Director.
The successful candidate will have a commercial background and will be responsible for taking a leading role in the day to day management of the Group finance function.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with senior executives, including visiting properties to meet with senior management at regular performance reviews
- Undertake strategic analysis and feasibility studies of business opportunities as they arise
- Prepare financial analyses as needed on any specific area requested by Management or Owners.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports detailing property performance for stakeholders
- Review and investigate any deviations from expectations
- Consolidation of individual hotels’ P&Ls
- Ensure the finance teams prepare and maintain Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Cash Flow Management
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including owners, banks, solicitors, underwriters and external auditors
- Plan and implement procedures and systems
- Recognize trends, evaluate scenarios and bring recommendations forward
- Prepare and present budgets and financial forecasts
- Hire, train and develop assigned employees.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability
- Well-presented and commercially orientated with the ability to think logically and make sound, ethical decisions.
- Solid mathematics skills and highest degree of integrity
- Knowledge of accounting operations to include all aspects such as accounts receivable, general ledger, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to communicate effectively with fellow employees and guests
- Knowledge of supervision and management techniques, including training and motivation techniques, coach and counselling/discipline methods
- Mastery of computer fundamentals, including hotel industry systems and standard desktop software
- Advanced excel skills required
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified, or similar
- At least 3 years PQE in a similar role
APPLICANTS MUST BE BASED IN IRELAND WITH FULL WORKING STATUS AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE IN THE IRISH MARKET.