|Location||North Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2017|
|Salary Range||€90,001 to €1000,000|
Head of Global Talent Development
Our client is a world leader in the provision of inspection and testing solutions and services for customers into a global market. Since their inception they have continually grown and expanded their business based on providing “best in class” technology and services to their customer base. At this point the company recognize the need to strengthen their structural and strategic policies going forward in line with their ambitious development plans. To facilitate this focus on improvement they are actively seeking to recruit several experienced individuals to take up key posts within their organisation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years technical training design and organizational development experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated competency management in e-learning authoring software
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of professional development training in various areas to also include experience in the design and delivery of leadership and employee development programs.
- Ability to design and deliver creative materials and learning curriculum suited for a variety of audience types and via various delivery methods (i.e. instructor-led, web-based, e-learning, and micro learning).
- Will have experience in the development of Technical Training Programs for all areas of the company.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to identify and fulfill internal customer needs by gathering information, asking probing questions, applying knowledge, and offering solutions.
- Flexible and able to prioritize multiple project assignments or tasks simultaneously, respond to changes, and work comfortably in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to deliver high quality results within project deadlines and demonstrated follow-through on action plans and projects.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively within and across the organization, to fulfill needs and requests.
- Fluency in the English language and comfortable working in an international team environment
The Head Talent Development will develop, coordinate, implement and deliver company training, learning curricula, and other performance improvement activities for individuals, teams and leadership.
Responsible for assessing staff development requirements, creating programs and learning curricula to meet institutional needs, and teaching content. Oversees relationships with vendors as it relates to company training. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks, to include the development and maintenance of standard training curriculum, web-based learning courses and end-user documents. Collaboration and consulting will occur with subject matter experts, training specialists, management and operations personnel to develop accurate and meaningful curriculum. This position will function as a catalyst for the development of higher skills from within the existing workforce to enhance performance and results on the job.
- Instructional design activities for instructor-led (in person or via web) and e-learning courses that include: needs analysis, determination of the correct training intervention, learning objectives, writing of the materials for participants and instructors, supporting reference materials.
- Deliver engaging, creative materials and learning curriculum suited for a variety of audience types and via various delivery methods (i.e. instructor-led, web-based, e-learning, coaching and on-the-job learning application).
- Must be able to consult with all levels of management about training needs and be familiar with, and have background that includes, knowledge of curriculum development, training assessments, facilitation, curriculum design and implementation.
- Must quickly establish credibility and maintain strong working relationships with clients in order to:
- Plan and coordinate with leadership groups and organizational units; and
- Work in partnership with subject matter experts to design and develop effective products and services
- Clarify business needs, recommend solutions, evaluate effectiveness of programs, lead design/development team, and research and explore new training technologies.
- Create and execute various project plans (scope, budget, timeline) for development and delivery of highly interactive training and performance improvement activities and provide project status updates on a regular basis.
- Provide regulatory compliance support:
- Assisting in compliance training related to specific regulations and to current specific regulatory standards
- Assessing the impact of regulatory requirements on curriculum and implement necessary changes; and
- Integrate all training activities within the company goals and strategic plans.
- Develop and administer annual training budget.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Provide recommendations on cost improvement measures relative to the overall Training Program.
- Ensure that the overall Training Program is administered uniformly and effectively.
- Create and execute project plans (scope, budget, timeline) for development and delivery of highly interactive training and performance improvement activities and provide project status updates on a regular basis in partnership with Manager.
- Direct, coordinate, monitor, and report on the execution and quality of training and development programs.
- This position requires extensive international travel approximately 40 to 50%.
Salary scale: eu90-100k plus bonus (up to 20%), excellent benefits and flexible working hours