|at ( view profile)|
|Location||North Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||June 16, 2017|
Technical and Engineering
Head of Industrial Engineering
Location: North Dublin based with some travel
Our client is a world leader in the provision of inspection and testing solutions and services for customers into a global market. Since their inception they have continually grown and expanded their business based on providing “best in class” technology and services to their customer base. At this point the company recognize the need to strengthen their structural and strategic policies going forward in line with their ambitious development plans. To facilitate this focus on improvement they are actively seeking to recruit several experienced individuals to take up key posts within their organisation. One of these key appointments is for a new Head of Industrial Engineering.
- Degree or more in Industrial Engineering or similar
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in manufacturing, production and process industries
- Strong stake holder management capabilities across multiple global locations.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Preferable strong system experience with Navision or SAP, Hyperion
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail. Proven experience effectively translating captured data into optimised productivity in line with company targets
- Fluency in the English language and comfortable working in an international team environment
- Develop and maintain standards for time and cost efficiencies for all key activities in the company.
- Directly manage two industrial engineers one Europe based, one USA based.
- Develop process maps, KPIs and metric tables for all functions.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to develop standardised job descriptions for each division and department
- Evaluate and appraise each theoretical volume capacity and recommend appropriate manning requirements and labour allocation.
- Develop cost saving proposals and improve productivity.
- Define specific human resource allocation and use through ergonomic principles
- Travel to customer sites to evaluate and measure individual projects.
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis
- Design production planning and control systems
- Resolve production and operational problems and issues using industrial engineering methodologies and practices
- Design layout of equipment and workspaces using ergonomic and productivity principles
- Develop and promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organisation
- Design, implement and manage employee suggestion programme
- Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment
- Analyse material flow and operational sequences and optimise
- Evaluate effect of product design changes
- Manage the department’s budgetary requirements and ensure cost and spend is in line with company expectations.
Salary scale: eu80-100k+ plus bonus (up to 20%), excellent benefits and flexible working hours