|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 27, 2017|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€25,001 to €30,000|
Junior Structural CAD Technician
Location: North East
Our client is a well established successful structural engineering company based in the North East. Due to recent business wins they want to now recruit an additional structural CAD Technician to their engineering design team. This is a great opportunity for an individual early in their career to gain some excellent hands on structural design and CAD skills working alongside seasoned engineers working top end projects.
- Third level qualification in relating discipline (Architectural technologist, Civil, Structural Engineer)
- 1 years' relevant proven post graduate experience in 2D and 3D CAD. Preferably ArchiCAD, but candidates with good AutoCAD and Revit skills will be considered.
- Good level of general IT skills and must be comfortable working predominantly on computer based projects.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
Beneficial to have the following
- Light-gauge steel experience
- Vertex BD experience (if none, training will be provided)
- Hot-rolled steel experience
- Tekla Experience
- Site experience
- Familiarity with BIM
- Good knowledge of Irish and UK building regulations
- Building 3D model using Vertex BD software based on 2D drawings
- Light-gauge steel framing within the model
- Creating set of drawings (layouts, sections, elevations, details) for construction
- Creating detailed drawings
- Progress reports to Architects and Clients on a daily basis
- Problem solving using own initiative
Preference for someone living local or within easy commute of the North East
Salary: eu25-30k with excellent career advancement opportunities