|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||November 28, 2018|
Technical and Engineering
Job Title: Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer – Level 1
Reports to: NOC Manager
Job Type: Full-time, permanent, shift
Job Location: Limerick
Job Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading telecoms companies providing a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and are one of the main suppliers for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
The Network Operations Engineer will be employed on a permanent basis participating in a shift rota to provide 24/7 cover to the company’s customer base. The role will involve monitoring, investigating and tracking all events on the network.
What you will do
- Monitor all aspects of the company’s network including devices, collocation facilities, backhaul links. Opening cases and taking action within SLAs, demonstrating a methodical trouble shooting approach with detailed case updates being tracked at all times.
- Initial trouble shooting and diagnosis of all faults using the company’s trouble-shooting tools and monitoring systems.
- Opening quality trouble tickets and follow correct incident management procedures to own, track, report, document and manage faults to resolution.
- Escalate issues as necessary to support teams in an efficient manner retaining close management of open issues.
- Providing quality support to the company’s customer base updating and resolving issues in a professional manner within predefined SLAs.
- Manage customer inquiries, complaints and requests in a responsive and professional fashion.
- Install, commission and test equipment on customer/enet premises in accordance with the company’s predefined procedures.
- Participation in the 24/7 shift rota.
You will have
- An engineering/telecoms degree and/or 1 - 2 years’ networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- CCNA certification or similar industry recognized IP/Ethernet certification is preferable but not essential and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Technical support/service desk experience and/or previous NOC experience is required.
- Knowledge of ITIL desirable
- Technical Background
- General understanding of telecoms transmission/networking principles.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- A reliable team player who as the ability to multitask and work on their own initiative.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop in addition to an awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
What’s on offer
The company offers excellent career prospects and a fantastic benefits package and the chance to develop your career with a leading Irish Telco company. The company is an equal opportunities employer
Salary & Benefits
Attractive salary and benefits is on offer with good career advancement prospects.