|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2020|
|Salary Range||€80,001 to €90,000|
Our client is a young and dynamic Irish tech company based in Dublin with offices in the UK and with distributed development teams in Europe and Asia. They provide the best cloud-based technology platforms for clients across the sports betting and online casino industries.
They are currently looking for a Lead Systems Engineer with at least 8 years relevant experience t be based in Dublin. This role is key to the business’ IT Service Delivery function, and will be responsible for actively maintaining systems, infrastructure and their global data centres as well as addressing issues impacting the company’s mission critical production environments.
As an employee, you will be able to balance high professional standards with a casual, collaborative and fun approach to work. You will work in a flat organisational structure allowing you to take ownership of your role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the groups’ server hardware through best practice methods.
- Manage the groups’ storage systems and switching.
- Responsible for automated system builds on the groups virtualised infrastructure.
- Ensure patching of Windows and Linux systems is adhered to.
- Respond to software vulnerabilities on the groups edge servers.
- Provide guidance to the Corporate IT team on technology for supporting the global offices.
- Maintain relationships with data centre and infrastructure suppliers.
- Provide management for the groups Microsoft Office 365 and Linux based email systems.
- Assist with architecture designs for new systems and data centres
- Work closely with the network team when designing new infrastructure
- Provide an architectural overview to various teams to ensure new technologies/projects are implemented correctly and are covered by existing support models.
- Use industry standard experience to assist in the build of new global data centres.
- Work with TechOps and Cloudflare to roll out new technologies for protection and acceleration of the production environment.
- The provision of some occasional local desktop support will be required as part of the role.
ESSENTIAL - Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- A third level qualification in Computer Science
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Working knowledge of cloud providers and associated services
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with current web/internet technologies
- Excellent Documentation Writing Abilities
- Internet security and best practices
- Understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and Email Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory Experience
- HPE Server Hardware Experience
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Networking and TCP/IP Knowledge
- Architecture and design skills – Data Centres
- Architecture and design skills – Infrastructure
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND WITH RELEVANT EXPERIECNE AS OUTLINED ABOVE AND FULL FLUENCY IN ENGLISH