|Date Posted||April 1, 2022|
Administration & Secretarial
|Salary Range||€35,001 to €40,000|
Job: Logistics Administrator
Industry: Plastics manufacturing
Start: Immediate subject to notice period
Type: Fulltime permanent
Report to: Operations Manager
Our client is a long and well-established leader in manufacturing advanced access and entry solutions for the world’s leading pharmaceutical, nutritional, health, food and retail companies.
Their manufacturing plant based in Wicklow uses a customised moulding process in an automated and manual process.
Our client requires a Logistics Administrator with strong administration skills at their production facility in Wicklow. The role of the Logistics Administrator is to manage the inbound & outbound freight from the factory. They will be responsible for the smooth running of all logistics processes. The logistics assistant must plan, manage, and control the inbound & outbound schedule. They are responsible for contributing to and carrying out logistics strategy decisions.
This individual will work closely with the Group Operations Manager and Production Manager to maximise individual manufacturing performance through reliable delivery of goods. To achieve these goals, the individual will be expected to carry out strategic planning and implement new systems and processes along with seeking ways to improve the delivery process.
The logistic administrator will be required to coordinate project deliveries that meet the deadlines of both the production and installation schedules. The candidate must be able to deal with quick changes to schedules and remain calm when problems may arise due to unforeseen circumstances, (i.e. delay shipment, damaged goods arrive, missed collections).
- Ensuring clear and concise communication of shipping arrangements is sent to all parties (production team, PMs, fitters, customers)
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of doors including offloading and handling has been coordinated in advance and runs efficiently.
- Working closely with the production manager and installation manager in both Ireland & UK to ensure shipments arrive on site to meet install schedule.
- Addressing and resolving delivery problems as they arise in a timely and efficient manner.
- Overseeing the logistics process and working with the production manager to drive improvements and efficiency changes.
- Working with Group Team to develop and implement system to track our delivery times, costs, etc.
- Constantly review shipping costs and work with estimating to ensure project quotations are accurate shipping across all regions.
- Handling inward and outward freight of all stock items.
- Implement shipping and packaging standards across the group.
- Working closely with the shipping department to improve how we package our material.
- Ensure packing lists are completed and signed off for each shipment and sent to relevant PM and customer.
- Ordering of shipping crates in advance of shipments.
- Degree/Diploma or equivalent to FETAC level 6 in an engineering/supply chain/logistics discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- +2 years of shipping / logistics experience is preferred.
- Experience in using an ERP system.
- Excellent communication interpersonal skills.
- Experience in customer service industry is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suits (Excel, word, outlook).
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- High energy and ability to work at own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Does this job appeal to you? Does it fit your career path?
Contact me immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.