|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||November 23, 2017|
Technical and Engineering
Job Title: Mechanical Applications Engineer
Job Location: Midlands with some short term travel
The Mechanical Applications Engineer will accompany the Sales Engineer on occasion to a potential customer site. After reviewing the customer requirements, the applications engineer will work in tandem with the sales engineer to draft out a concept solution in CAD (and when trained, in specialist simulation software)
After agreeing the solution with the Sales Engineer, the Applications Engineer will conduct a detailed costing of the mechanical equipment and any bought in equipment and will assist where necessary in producing the final quotation.
If the concept becomes live then the applications engineer will work closely with the design departments to support the transfer of information to them. The applications engineer will then project manage from point of sale to handover to customer.
This is a varied role that will provide diverse experience over a period of time. No two projects managed by the company are the same meaning the role is rewarding and diverse.
The position of Mechanical Application Engineer will report into the Plant Manager and requires someone with strong proven automation experience from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems) or a machinery automation background and should had exposure to a wide range of automation in production lines. They will hold a mechanical Degree or similar
- Mechanical Design Experience
- Development of concept solutions and layouts using AutoCAD/SolidWorks
- Costing in-house designs and purchased equipment for a given project
- Project management (internal or external).
- Good Listening Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Time Management
- MS Office full suite
- Dealing with Customers providing engineering support to sales team
- Dealing with machinery suppliers on specifications and cost
- Creating URS's
- Creating Full project simulations using dedicated software (training provided)
- Identifying key machinery types and setting up supplier agreements
- Quoting small jobs direct to customers
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and to a high standard.
- Ability to construct technical manuals and documentation.
- Basic understanding of control systems and capabilities is desirable.
This role is unique to the company and would suit a mechanical engineer who has had exposure to different production lines containing a wide variety of equipment. It is predominantly a sales support role which provides the technical support to sales on concept solutions
Salary on offer is negotiable DOE plus generous benefits