|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||November 23, 2017|
Technical and Engineering
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Location: Midlands
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be part of a team designing Conveyors, Manipulators, robot heads and grippers case/carton/tote handling equipment and bespoke solutions. Projects are typically 2-6 months design phase followed by production and install support when required. The role is based in the Midlands with occasional short duration travel.
The position of Mechanical Design Engineer will report into the Plant Manager and requires someone with strong proven design skills from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems) or a machinery automation background and should have at least 5 years’ design experience and a mechanical Engineering degree
- Mechanical Design Experience
- 5 years continuous 3D CAD experience
- Good communication skills
- Construction of technical manuals to support production designs
- Creation of detailed BOM’s
- Knowledge of current safety legislation (CE Standards)
- Trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Time Management
- MS Office full suite
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems
Experience of being lead engineer in a project
- Exposure to R&D environment
- Proficiency in Solid Works 3D CAD
- Supervision of assembly build or site install of completed projects
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and to a high standard.
- Understanding of control systems and capabilities desirable
- Capability of working on own initiative or as part of project team.
The person will have excellent design and analytical ability and have a broad-based understanding of controls enabling them to shorten the design stages of a project through both a design and hands on approach.
Salary on offer is negotiable DOE plus generous benefits