|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2018|
Technical and Engineering
Job Title: Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer – Level 2
Reports To: NOC Manager
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Job Location: Limerick
Job Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading telecoms companies providing a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and are one of the main suppliers for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
The Network Operations Engineer will be employed on a permanent basis to provide technical support to the company’s NOC team.
What you will do
- Provide 2nd line technical support for the company’s Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs.
- Ensure customers are kept fully up to date with the status of notified incidents/queries as per SLAs
- Mentoring of 1st line technical support engineers.
- Provide timely completion of root cause investigations after fault scenarios.
- Planning and execution of network change activities such as network configuration changes, platform migrations, software upgrades
- Operational verification of new network infrastructure and platforms
- Facilities Management – oversee the ongoing maintenance of the company’s facilities across the country
- Change management approval and scheduling
- Vendor/partner interaction and escalation handling
- Participation in company emergency callout Rota
- Additional duties as required
You will have
Minimum of three years’ experience in Network Operations Centre at a Telecoms operator with an in-depth knowledge of most if not all of the following…..
- Ethernet Carrier Experience
- Voice to SIP Level
- MPLS Experience
- Firewall Fault-finding Experience
- DWDM Experience
You should have a good understanding of Co-location Build (Power, Aircon, batteries, BMS)
You should have a good understanding of transmission and routing & switching network principles, including service and network build experience in those platforms
You must have excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organizations.
You will have excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
You will show high levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry
You will be fluent in written and spoken English
You will be eligibility to work in Ireland
Nice to have
- Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms – Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Juniper, Ceragon, Ciena, or Coriant (formerly Tellabs)
- Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and rollout.
- Cisco/Juniper/Nokia - IP/Ethernet certification
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
What’s on offer
The company offers excellent career prospects and a fantastic benefits package and the chance to develop your career with a leading Irish Telco company. The company is an equal opportunities employer
Salary & Benefits
Negotiable with benefits.