|Location||Remote working, Ireland|
|Date Posted||October 13, 2022|
|Salary Range||€80,001 to €90,000|
Job Title: Database Administrator
Reports to: CTO
Job Location: Dublin, remote working model on offer
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Job Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Company profile: The company provides SaaS based anti-piracy, license compliance and software monetization technology for the world’s leading software companies.
- Administrating AWS cloud-based Oracle 19c Database environments, both production and development.
- Working with DevOps staff to proactively ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production database environments.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Designing and implementing database schema extensions / improvements.
- Developing, managing and testing database back-up and recovery plans.
- Upgrading / patching database systems.
- Database performance tuning.
- System capacity planning.
- Support for developers in writing performant database queries as part of application or batching processing jobs.
- Other activities and responsibilities that may be deemed appropriate as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline
- 3+ years of solid Oracle database administration experience (including Oracle 19c).
- Oracle 19c database administration experience in an AWS cloud environment.
- Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience.
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) experience.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) experience.
- Data Analysis / Modelling / Schema design.
- Oracle database performance tuning for both OLTP and Batch processing.
- SQL and PL/SQL optimization and performance tuning.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex production issues.
- Experience with SQL Server is an advantage.
- Experience using Ansible for Configuration Management, Deployment & Orchestration desirable.
- Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Applicants who require work authorisation are not being considered at this time.
Skills & Attributes
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a strong team player and must also have the ability to self-manage their day-to-day workload.
- Must have the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
Salary: €80-90k DOE plus benefits