|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2020|
Cylynt (formerly SmartFlow Compliance) are seeking to recruit a Senior Oracle DBA for our Dublin development office. This position is responsible for the development, maintenance and future evolution of a cloud-based database environment to support a rapidly growing SaaS hosted case management and business intelligence solution.
Cylynt provides SaaS based anti-piracy, license compliance and software monetization technology for the world’s leading software companies. Cylynt’s data-driven approach to software utilization enables technology companies to derive more value while protecting their intellectual property (IP). Cylynt helps clients make informed business decisions, correct
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, maintenance and evolution of an AWS cloud-based database environment. Experience in Oracle 19c database performance tuning is a must. Experience of working in an Amazon AWS cloud computing environment is also required. Some knowledge of SQLServer or MySQL is a benefit.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Administrating AWS cloud based Oracle 19c Database environments, both production and development.
- Working with DevOps staff to proactively ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production database environments.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Designing and implementing database schema extensions / improvements.
- Developing, managing and testing database back-up and recovery plans.
- Upgrading / patching database systems.
- Database performance tuning.
- System capacity planning.
- Support for developers in writing performant database queries as part of application or batching processing jobs.
- Other activities and responsibilities that may be deemed appropriate as required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Sc. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of solid Oracle database administration experience (including Oracle 19c).
- Oracle 19c database administration experience in a cloud environment.
- Data Analysis / Modelling / Schema design.
- Oracle database performance tuning for both OLTP and Batch processing.
- SQL and PL/SQL optimization and performance tuning.
Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex production issues.
- Experience with SQLServer or MySQL an advantage.
- Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and technologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a strong team player, and must also have the ability to self-manage their day-to-day workload.
- Must have the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
A competitive salary, bonus and benefits package will be offered for this role.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE FULL WORKING STATUS FOR IRELAND
Cylynt is an equal opportunity employer who supports diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees.