|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 18, 2019|
|Salary Range||€35,001 to €40,000|
Job: Process Manufacturing Engineer
Our client is a long and well established leader in manufacturing advanced access and entry solutions for the world’s leading pharmaceutical, nutritional, health, food and retail companies.
Their manufacturing plant based in Wicklow uses a customised moulding process in an automated and manual process.
The company require a Process Manufacturing Engineer who will be expected to provide engineering solutions to support, develop and improve existing and new manufacturing processes. This role involves process support, troubleshooting, process optimisation, new product introduction and plant/material related projects and research in a manufacturing environment.
This individual will work closely with the Head of Engineering along with all levels of operations and quality to identify and prioritise material, equipment, process and infrastructure issues. The Process Engineer will analyse equipment issues and identify the actions needed to improve process efficiency and reliability. These actions will be a combination of raw material sourcing, testing, equipment design, installation, operation, and servicing. The Process Engineer will also keep up to date with current technologies available for optimum reliability results including analytical methodologies, predictive technologies, and best practices for new materials, equipment design, installation, operation, and servicing
- Leads the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterization, optimization and troubleshooting of key processes and equipment.
- Co-ordinates the introduction of new products, processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Provide strong technical support on process/product technologies to support production.
- Implement process improvements.
- Demonstrates a primary commitment to H&S and product quality within the manufacturing environment.
- Root cause and problem solve production issues.
- Identify and assess new and existing equipment for new process introduction
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and application of Lean/Agile methodologies, and process improvement tools in identification/elimination of "waste" processes and development of efficient, cost effective equipment/processes.
- Lead Investigations within the manufacturing group to determine the root cause of manufacturing issues and identify robust solutions to any issues identified.
- Assess existing and planned process operations to determine the most efficient mode of operation on site.
- Liaises with Engineering team or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- A third level education in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Industrial, etc.)
- 2 years’ relevant experience from a similar environment
- Knowledge in manufacturing best practice systems
- Have, high level, technical English
- Knowledge of lean/agile manufacturing tools would be an advantage
- Education/Experience in resin/plastic moulding would be an advantage but not essential
Salary: €35k - €40k DOE plus benefits