|Date Posted||September 14, 2021|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€45,001 to €50,000|
Job: Process Quality Engineer
Our client requires a Multi-tasking Engineer to join their production manufacturing team in Wicklow. The individual will be expected to provide engineering solutions to support, develop and improve existing and new manufacturing processes. This role involves process support, troubleshooting, process optimisation, new product introduction and plant/material related projects and research in a manufacturing environment.
This individual will work closely with the Group Head of Engineering to maximise individual manufacturing facilities & overall group output & efficiency while maintaining a high degree of shipped product quality. To achieve these goals, the Engineer will be expected to carry out process and procedure gap analysis, planning and implementation of capital expenditure projects, tight budgetary control on all planned and unplanned expenditure.
As their process/quality engineer you will analyse processes and equipment issues to correctly identify actions required to improve reliability and efficiency. Such actions will be a combination of maintenance/repair planning, equipment design and installation, and day-to-day equipment/process operation. As their Project/manufacturing Engineer you will introduce and implement best practices in areas such as waste reduction, lean/agile manufacturing, preventative maintenance, documentation, training, planning/execution and other needs as they arise.
Below are a sample of some of the main responsibilities of the Process Engineer
- Respond to any process, quality or equipment breakdown/failure that will/may affect product quality or process output, this includes the need to carry out a complete root cause analysis to effect fact-based solutions. Where required this may require the Process Engineer to liaise with original raw material suppliers, equipment suppliers, and/or outside contractors to achieve an effective solution.
- Establish and implement good manufacturing practices and related activities to drive improvements in Product Quality, and Process/Equipment reliability/efficiency.
- Carry out gap analysis on production system, suggest potential solutions, produce project plans and capital budgets, implement and control project plans
- Ensure company’s products follow all relevant national & international fire & building codes
- Work closely with the Group Quality team on the maintenance/implementation of effective quality improvements or quality management systems as required.
- Responsible for managing local corrective/preventative actions with engineering technician, production team and other relevant employees
- Responsible for the maintenance/implementation of quality/production metrics system and reporting resultant data to all stakeholders.
- Project manage outside contractors on any process equipment, building or facilities activities
- Collect/interpret data from various sources to determine the significant contributors of equipment and process variation, bottlenecks, quality, and efficiency issues
- In conjunction with group engineering design, test & implement new techniques, technologies, and products.
- Implement new techniques and technologies to enhance process/equipment monitoring and control.
- Develop and Implement Continuous Improvement activities to support Lean initiatives, cost reduction, and maintenance excellence
- Assist with the Identification and Implementation of any Health & Safety and or training requirements
- Complete all relevant paperwork as required including reporting of plans/outcomes to all relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with regulatory and insurance bodies where required
- A third level education (Level 7 FETAC) in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Industrial, etc.)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a hands-on process & or quality engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- Have technical level English
- Knowledge in manufacturing best practice systems
- Knowledge of lean/agile manufacturing tools would be an advantage
- Experience in NPI
- Experience in plastics processing and molding would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of CAD would be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft including Word, Excel & Project
- Fluency in English, specifically technical English
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working in a manufacturing and production role and be willing to adapt and get on with the job as circumstances change.
Our client’s ideal candidate will have a mixture of the following personal skills
- Must be ready to hit the ground running with minimum amount of handholding
- Have the ability to work using their own initiative
- Have the confidence to drive projects and process improvements
- Be motivated, use initiative to complete the allocated work
- Be driven to work to the highest quality levels
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible and Innovative problem solver
Salary: 3 years’ experience c. €40k – several years’ experience c. €55k plus