|Date Posted||March 10, 2020|
|Salary Range||€35,001 to €40,000|
Job title: Process Quality Technician
Reporting to: Production Manager
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Work environment: High precision tooling, CNC, metal fabrication
The Process Quality Technician will be expected to work as part of the engineering and commercial team. Your primary duty will be to support the Production and Quality functions. Your general duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer quality service. Investigate and provide solutions to customer issues and complaints related to quality.
- Analyse statistical data and product specifications to determine required standards and ensure those required quality and reliability standards of finished products are met.
- Document and maintain quality control standards and meet on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate quality objectives with production procedures in cooperation with quality and production management to maximise production reliability and minimise costs associated with wastage and rework.
- Verify specified dimensions of product or material with the design team.
- Implement inspection criteria and procedures and accurately document findings.
- Interpret engineering drawings, diagrams and work with management and/or engineering to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Provide and oversee inspection activity for product throughout the production cycle.
- Interact with the purchasing team and vendors to ensure the quality of incoming parts and raw materials.
- Operate CMM and metrology related equipment, software and other measurement devices and provide full supportive documentation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar hands-on process quality role from a tooling, CNC or metal fabrication background.
- Relevant experience within a quality control environment working with a range of measurement equipment and with the knowledge of a range of measurement techniques
- Knowledge of implementing QMS.
- Extremely proficient in quality engineering, CMM, Metrology, continuous improvement.
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of aerospace and/or medtech industries would help.
- Experience working in lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of Metrology and validation
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Numerate and highly computer literate.
- Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-sustaining engineer with ability to effectively work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- A proven commitment to continued professional development.
- Customer satisfaction focused.
- A strong teamwork, continuous improvement and quality mindset.
Salary: eu30-40k DOE plus benefits