|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||December 1, 2017|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€40,001 to €45,000|
The Production Supervisor will take a lead role in supporting production, scheduling, capacity planning, driving focus in meeting monthly targets, ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams with additional responsibilities to include, mentoring & supporting team leaders, employee performance & necessary HR issues.
Reporting to: Production Manager
Our client is a leader in the manufacture of state of the art access systems for companies in a wide range of sectors including Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Healthcare, Food and Retail.
- Qualification in supervisory or management would be a distinct advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ prior experience in a similar role
- Familiarity/experience with an ERP system (e.g. SAP) is an advantage
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Must be able interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, safety rules, etc.
- Ability to calculate mathematical values
- Proven ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic engineering / technical concepts, and good understanding of quality system requirements within manufacturing.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working in a manufacturing and production role and be willing to adapt and get on with the job as circumstances change.
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of the following personal skills
- Be motivated, use initiative to complete the allocated work
- Be a people / HR person
- Be driven to work to the highest quality levels
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Be willing to contribute at all levels when necessary and do what is required to achieve customer satisfaction
- Flexible and Innovative problem solver
This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will have the ability to demonstrate key leadership skills and a willingness to take responsibility.
The position will be responsible for manufacturing / production and specifically for the following
- Staff management, training, HR, strategic planning
- Responsible for the efficient running of all areas of production; assembly, heat press molding, CNC, Paint booth, Final check and inspection and quality.
- Address disciplinary matters within area of responsibility, and support other group leads / HR as required
- Introduction of lean practices and operational/process efficiencies
- Provide weekly reports and data on all aspects of production
- Drive H&S initiatives as required, and on a continuous basis, and ensure housekeeping meets requirements in line with 5S principles.
- Drive continuous improvement projects in the area
- Environmental standards
This role offers the correct candidate to opportunity to progress within the organisation.
Salary scale: eu40-45k+ plus contrib pension