|Date Posted||September 6, 2019|
|Salary Range||€55,001 to €60,000|
Job: Purchasing Manager
Industry: Plastics manufacturing
Start: Immediate subject to notice period
Type: Fulltime permanent
Report to: Finance Director
Our client is a long and well-established leader in manufacturing advanced access and entry solutions for the world’s leading pharmaceutical, nutritional, health, food and retail companies.
Their manufacturing plant based in Wicklow uses a customised moulding process in an automated and labour intensive process.
The Purchasing Manager will manage the supply chain function that feeds the production of high-quality products on time that is accurate and complete to production deadlines and in accordance with the company values and objectives.
The successful applicant will be accountable for the achievement of weekly, monthly and annual targets of inventory management, quality, cost, and other key performance targets.
Duties & responsibilities
- Undertake robust daily, weekly and monthly planning and coordination to ensure that all the necessary inventory/components are in place to achieve production KPI’s and deliver on time and in full to internal and external customer deadlines
- Manage and improve the complete B2B company procurement model for direct and indirect materials delivery to site
- Deliver a supply chain function that covers supplier contracts, transport control of procured products, outside storage control, budget adherence
- Continuous improvement for Purchasing, using principals and methodologies of Lean, to ensure systems and processes are optimised, fit for purpose and driving efficiency and effectiveness in terms of quality, waste elimination and cost.
- Degree preferable plus APICS/IIPMM
- At least 3 years’ experience in a “hands on” B2B purchasing/management role.
- Vendor qualification and appraisal experience
- Push for high quality and low cost.
- Global sourcing and procurement
- Ability to manage large procurement budget through strong negotiating and forecasting techniques.
- Experience in SME Manufacturing, or related industry, with strong knowledge of Purchasing MRP systems, ERP, operations and standards required.
- Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast-paced operational setting and successful continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience of dealing with and developing suppliers and customers relationships.
- Knowledge of Local Customs / Import Regulations
- Must have strong internal (production) and external (suppliers) communication skills
- Good all-round IT user skills.
Salary: €50-60k DOE plus benefits