|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 6, 2021|
Cylynt, formerly SmartFlow Compliance Solutions, is a leading developer of anti-piracy and license compliance technology. We are an innovative start-up company that has already established itself as the preferred supplier to industry leading enterprise software companies. With comprehensive software telemetry & SaaS based business intelligence solutions, our technology allows customers to track unlicensed corporate usage of their valuable software and convert unlicensed corporate users into paying customers.
Cylynt is seeking to recruit a Web Application QA Engineer for our Dublin development office. This position is responsible for the quality assurance of an AWS cloud-based case management and business intelligence SaaS solution. The role involves a mixture of both automated and manual testing.
The successful candidate must have BSc in CS or related discipline. A minimum of 3 years’ experience testing enterprise web applications is required, including the use of test automation tools.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Software Engineering team as part of Agile software development projects, with responsibility for all aspects of the testing lifecycle, from test planning, script creation, test automation, test execution, process improvement.
The role requires a detail-oriented and highly motivated self-starter, who can work closely in a collaborative role with other team members.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE EXCELLENT ENGLISH (VERBAL AND WRITEN) AND FULL WORK AUTHORISATION FOR IRELAND.
Core Role Responsibilities:
Work closely the Software Engineering team with responsibility for the following:
- Test Automation: Creating automated test suits for a web-based case management system.
- Functional Testing: Validating the application conforms to the functional requirements using a combination of manual and automated testing.
- Performance Testing: Creating performance test suits - using tools such as JMeter.
- User Acceptance Testing: Quality assuring development work from 3rd party suppliers.
- Usability Testing: Validating the application provides customers with an easily accessible and efficient application.
- Security Testing: Ensure that sufficient application authentication and authorization mechanisms are in place to protect customer data.
- Test Planning / Test Script creation: Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Defect Tracking: Managing defect tickets.
- Evaluate new technology options, recommending process improvements.
- Other activities and responsibilities that may be deemed appropriate as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in testing enterprise web applications, including both manual and automated testing.
- Test Automation Tools: Experience with creating automated test suites web applications, e.g. Selenium, TestComplete.
- Knowledge of web application UI/UX design trends.
- Experience collaborating effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- Testing RESTful Web Services, e.g. using RESTed, SOAPUI/LoadUI, JMeter.
- Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
A competitive salary and benefits packaged (including pension, health insurance etc.) will be offered commensurate with level of experience
Cylynt is an equal opportunity employer who supports diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees.