|Date Posted||May 13, 2022|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€45,001 to €50,000|
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: M.D. and Production Manager
Industry: Metal fabrication and tooling
Job Location: Carlow
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Job Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Company profile: Expanding engineering fabrication and tooling company
Work environment: Tooling, CNC, FANUC, metal fabrication
The Quality Engineer will be expected to work as part of the engineering and commercial team. Your primary function will be to support the Production Engineer with all things quality in the company. You will be instrumental in developing and implementing the QMS. Your general duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Receive the customer brief/remit, assist in formulating the scope of works and develop concepts and working designs.
- Provide best value working design solutions to technical problems.
- Work effectively within a multi-disciplinary environment such that designs consider the impact across all relevant disciplines, ie design for manufacture.
- Ensuring that all Documentation is managed according to the requirements of the job/projects.
- Responsibility for ensuring that your work within your department is carried out accurately and with due diligence.
- Effective Time management and execution of output within defined timeline and budgetary constraints.
- Ensuring effective, professional and appropriate communication at all times whilst protecting the interest of the company.
- Problem solving and application of good engineering principles.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with Clients Specifications, User Requirement Specifications, Health and Safety Requirements, Company Quality requirements, Company Policy, legislation, design standards and good engineering practice.
- Supporting and assisting Managers, and colleagues.
- Adhere to the Company’s ethical conduct guidelines and maintain a working environment which is supportive and respectful of other employees.
- Undertake duties of a general nature that may be required by your manager.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement activities in the company.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Diploma/degree in relevant engineering discipline or several years; quality experience and training
- 6 Sigma or similar certification
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a similar position from a tooling, CNC or metal fabrication background or similar.
- Extremely proficient in quality engineering
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Applicants who require work authorisation are not being considered at this time.
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of aerospace and/or medtech industries.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Numerate and highly computer literate.
- Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-sustaining engineer with ability to effectively work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- A proven commitment to continued professional development.
- Customer satisfaction focused.
- A strong teamwork, continuous improvement and quality mindset.
Salary: €40 - 50k DOE plus benefits