|Date Posted||May 26, 2022|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€40,001 to €45,000|
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: HSEQ Manager
Industry: Metal fabrication and tooling
Job Location: Carlow
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Job Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Company profile: Expanding engineering fabrication and tooling company
Work environment: High precision tooling, CNC, metal fabrication
The Quality Engineer will be expected to manage on a day-today basis all activities in relation to internal Quality Systems throughout the company’s engineering business.
- Appraise internal & customers’ requirements and make sure they are satisfied.
- Report all deviations to relevant responsible manager to ensure immediate action.
- Facilitate initiative-taking solutions by collecting and analysing quality data.
- Review and update internal QMS, standards and policies in agreement with HSEQ Manager.
- Keep and maintain records of quality reports, statistical reviews, and relevant documentation.
- In conjunction with the HSEQ Manager ensure that there is effective communication to achieve a common focus and department direction.
- Co-ordinate the Internal audit process and lead management reviews to ensure the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Inputting and support HSEQ department strategy.
- Revise and evaluate data to identify report ability and CAPA/Internal 8D Report decisions.
- Provide support for product assurance from design effort to initial product qualification followed to first phase production.
- Initiating and promoting cross functional partnerships to ensure the Team – consisting of Internal Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Sales – work together effectively to meet company objectives.
- Manage the HSE internal activities, to include First Aid and Fire Evacuation.
- Devise procedures to inspect, improve and report quality and/or health and safety issues.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output. Daily/Weekly/Monthly internal scrap assessment and report accordingly.
- Conduct CMM activities and assures completion of FAIR reports.
- Responsible for internal measurement devices/gauges calibration and report issues if identified to HSEQ Manager.
- Assist in development of work instructions along with route sheets for entire assigned programs.
- Daily communication and department support to HSEQ Manager to achieve and exceed company objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Diploma/degree in relevant engineering discipline or several years; quality experience and training
- 6 Sigma or similar certification
- Experience using CMM tools
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a similar position from a tooling, CNC or metal fabrication background or similar.
- Extremely proficient in quality engineering
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Applicants who require work authorisation are not being considered at this time.
Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of aerospace and/or medtech industries.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Numerate and highly computer literate.
- Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-sustaining engineer with ability to effectively work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- A proven commitment to continued professional development.
- Customer satisfaction focused.
- A strong teamwork, continuous improvement and quality mindset.
Salary: €40 - 45k DOE plus benefits