|Date Posted||May 13, 2022|
|Salary Range||€55,001 to €60,000|
Job title: Quality Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Carlow (might be some opportunity for Hybrid work)
Our client is an expanding engineering fabrication company providing expertise in the design and manufacture of specialist jigs and fixtures for the aerospace and medical devices industries. They are looking to recruit an experienced Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Manager with at least 5 years’ experience from a high precision engineering background.
Candidate Profile: The successful candidate should have the following:
Degree in engineering with some post qualification in HSE and/or quality certification
A minimum of 5 years’ experience heading up a HSEQ function in a high achieving and fast-moving environment.
Experience implementing and maintaining QMS
Experience in ISO13485, 6S,
Develop and implement company safety plan.
Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills. Will be a strong influencer with the ability to get full buy in from team members re change, minimal fault tolerance and delivery of best standards of product and practice to the customer.
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Applicants who require work authorisation are not being considered at this time.
To manage on a day-to-day basis all activities in relation to health, safety, environmental and quality for the business.
- Initiating and promoting cross functional partnerships to ensure the Team consisting of Internal Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Sales are working together effectively to meet company objectives.
- Managing the HSEQ Group, to include recruitment & selection, training and development, and performance management of staff.
- Devise procedures to inspect, improve and report quality and health and safety issues.
- Monitor all operations that affect quality.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
- Appraise customers’ requirements and make sure they are satisfied.
- Report all deviations to relevant responsible manager to ensure immediate action.
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analysing quality data.
- Review current standards and policies.
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews, and relevant documentation.
- Ensure all legal standards are met.
- In conjunction with the GM/MD ensure that there is effective communication to achieve a common focus and direction.
- In conjunction with MD/GM develop annual budgets and that these budgets are achieved.
- Inputting and driving company plan in terms of Quality strategy and support.
- Reporting on departmental performance
Excellent career prospects
Salary: €50-65k DOE plus benefits