|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2018|
Job Title: Automation & Robotics Software Engineer
Job Location: Midlands
Customisation & Development of our product range to meet varying customer needs in the pharmaceutical, food, automotive and electronics industries.
The position of Robotics Software Engineer requires someone with strong proven design skills from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems) or a machinery automation background and should have at least 5 years’ relevant experience and an Engineering degree (electrical/electronic/software/industrial). The core of this experience should incorporate design of Robot programs and PLC systems from concept to completion.
- A thorough knowledge of ABB robots and awareness of other robot manufacturer programming.
- A thorough knowledge and experience of the following: Ladder Logic, STL, Visual Basic, Machine/System Control with PLCs/PC, SQL Databases and SCADA systems.
- A thorough knowledge of networking with added emphasis on Ethernet TCP/IP, Profibus DP, ASi, Devicenet and ControlNet.
- Experience in material handling (conveyor systems, lifts and cranes, Robotic palletising and pick and place) will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with material flow control software, interface with IT systems will be an added advantage.
- Project Management and Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and to a high standard
- Good working knowledge of current Safety legislation and European directives.
- Ability to construct technical manuals and documentation.
- Understanding of control systems and capabilities.
- Capability of working on own initiative or as part of project team.
- MS office, Word, Excel, electronic mail etc.
Salary on offer is negotiable DOE plus generous benefits