|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South East, Ireland|
|Date Posted||November 23, 2017|
Sales and Marketing
|Salary Range||€70,001 to €80,000|
Sales Engineer (Precision Engineering)
Our client, an expanding precision engineering company based in the South East is now in a position to recruit someone who will be a key contributor to the company’s future and ongoing success. The selected candidate will be given plenty of scope to develop within the company based on their performance and individual merit.
Based: South East/Greater Dublin plus nationwide travel
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support
- Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospect database
- Develop ideas and create solutions to market by market sector and products
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, e-mail, telephone, and personal visits
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills
Candidate profile: Technical qualification (ie: CNC, Precision engineering) plus minimum of three years’ proven experience B2B sales of engineering services or precision engineering parts into high value industry, aerospace, automotive, telecoms etc! Strong knowledge of sales process from lead identification to prospect qualification through RFPs, RFQs to presentations, negotiation and close.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business for profit.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior contacts in the Process Industry
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well-presented and professional in appearance.
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel within the island of Ireland and sometimes the U.K. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player
Specific Job Skills:
Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc. Appreciates need for consistency within company’s branding and marketing mix.
Must be adept in use of MS technology, particularly Excel and Word. Needs to be comfortable with CRM systems as well.
Literacy and Numeracy:
Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, tender replies, quotations and proposals.
Business and Selling Skills:
Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Must be process driven and results oriented. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large contracts or even a business, particularly achieving genuine sales development. Experience of tenders is essential.
Salary: €40–50k + bonus plus mileage allowance, laptop, mobile. Excellent OTE potential.