|Date Posted||April 18, 2019|
Sales and Marketing
Job title: Senior Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading Facilities Management & Consultancy Company operating across the Island of Ireland, the UK and the Middle East.
They have built up an impressive portfolio of blue-chip corporate clients providing expert advice and support on all facilities and property related matters. They partner with their clients to achieve savings through the provision of innovative solutions, operational efficiencies and the use of best practice. They put huge focus on developing close and effective relations allowing long term business partnerships to blossom.
- Degree qualification (preferably 2.1)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar B2B business development role. (selling professional engineering services)
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing strategies
- Experience implementing CRM solutions
- Experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment is essential.
- Must be a natural influencer, highly effective communicator with an eye for closing business.
- Have the ability to recognise customer pain points and deliver solutions accordingly.
- Must understand what it takes to develop complex and lengthy sales cycles by closely nurturing clients through a proven sales process.
- Show experience of sourcing new business leads and client acquisition to increase market share, revenue and profit.
- Have strong financial acumen and budget preparation with proficient use of Excel
- Experience selling professional engineering services to both public and private sectors is highly desirable
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully winning new business.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue and profitability through generation of new leads.
- Experience in managing direct reports.
- Own car and full clean driving license are essential requirements.
The BD Manager will be fully responsible for the business development and marketing activities of the organisation. The BD manager will develop strategies aimed at generating and driving new sales - across multiple sectors and territories. The BDM must have a detailed understanding of the facilities management market and be fully aware competitors’ offerings and market positioning.
The BDM will be responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
- Generate new sales leads by cold calling, attending events, market intelligence gathering.
- Develop a fit for purpose CRM system.
- Work to agreed targets
- Generate and present reports at regular management meeting
- Manage the tender process, answer RFPs and RFQs in an effective and timely manner.
- Quote prices, credit terms, or other bid specifications in accordance with Director guidelines.
- Create and deliver convincing presentations to potential clients using numerous presentation methods.
- Interact with clients through direct communication via face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and e-mails.
- Close and finalise sales and continue post sales customer relations to ensure strong retention.
Salary: €60-80k DOE OTE: €120k ++, plus mileage, expenses, laptop, phone.