|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 21, 2017|
Accountancy and Finance
|Salary Range||€60,001 to €70,000|
Our client is a young, dynamic and highly successful company who hold the number one position in automated marketing for Social Media. Their success to date is simply staggering but reflects the quality of their ground breaking technology which is the most innovative available on the market. They aim to further capitalise on their dominant position and have major plans to expand their operations, both in Ireland and Internationally. With current offices in 6 countries they plan to set up in 10 more locations within 18 months, with major plans already underway for operations within the US and Australia.
Senior Financial Accountant
We are looking for a driven, ambitious and highly capable recently qualified Chartered
Accountant, ideally with two to three years industry experience, to support a recently hired CFO in establishing a finance function for a fast-growing international company. If that sounds like you then please read on….
You are a qualified Chartered Accountant having gained your initial training and experience with one of the large accountancy firms (Big 5). Ideally you will have two to three years of experience working in industry with a multi-national Company. You will have a strong technical accounting background in IFRS and ideally also have experience of US GAAP. You will be highly numerate and skilled in the analysis of financial data and demonstrate a keen appetite to set up new processes and control structures. You will ideally be literate in the use of an accounting system for SaaS business as we set about implementing and bringing processes in house. You will have strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to gather information from internal process holders and third-party providers across multiple jurisdictions in facilitating the establishment of in-house financial activities.
Senior Financial Accountant Job Duties:
- Assist CFO in identifying and establishing an in-house accounting/ERP system;
- Establishment and ownership of customer invoicing and revenue recognition process. Ensure timely invoicing of customers across multiple jurisdictions and accurate recording of transactions in Company’s monthly and annual accounts;
- Oversight and in-housing of the Accounts Payable process including receipt and processing of third party supplier invoices – both from our relationship partners and in relation to general OPEX. Establishment of controls around AP including a supplier reconciliation process;
- Recording of payroll related costs and taxes in the general ledger and reconciliation of same to reports provided by external payroll providers;
- Banking and cash management – monitoring of all company bank accounts to facilitate
- cashflow planning and working capital management. Monthly reconciliation of all company bank accounts;
- Establishment and maintenance of fixed asset register and reconciliation of same to the General ledger on a monthly basis;
- Assist CFO in establishment of monthly IFRS compliant consolidated management accounts and KPI reporting pack for the business;
- Assist in the preparation of annual company only and consolidated IFRS compliant financial statements. These will be required for the first time in 2017 given the recent growth of the Company;
- Document the systems and processes of the finance function once established with a view to a sound control structure and risk management;
- Act as a key contact for external auditors and prepare audit files in advance containing reconciliations of key balance sheet account;
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and long term strategic plans;
- Assist in the monitoring compliance of local statutory entities with regards to;
- Local tax filings – corporation tax, VAT, payroll taxes
- Company filings
- Provide detailed breakdowns of financial accounts to tax compliance providers as required to formulate annual Corporation Tax returns; and
- Assist in other duties which will arise from time to time, as directed by the CFO, in building the finance function of the Company.
The Senior Financial Account will report to the CFO.
Candidates must have all the following:
- Recently Big 4 qualified (ACA etc.), ideally with a Business Degree;
- Two to three years industry experience – preferably in a multi-national organization;
- Experience in a fast-moving high-tech industry sector;
- International experience is essential;
- Knowledge and experience in using and manipulating ERP systems (preferably in a multinational SaaS environment) as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint) to enable management reporting; and
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in implementing new processes and financial
What we offer:
- To be a key player in the international rollout of a dynamic growing company;
- Competitive salary;
- Annual bonus;
- Synthetic share program;
- Company benefits including health insurance and membership of an occupational pension scheme (both currently being established with target implementation of early 2018);
- Modern facilities;
- Opportunity of career progression and promotion as the Company grows; and
- Be part of an exciting journey together with the founders of the company.
If you have the experience, drive and ambition to fulfill such a role then please contact John Doupe in Bond Personnel for a confidential discussion or apply through ad.
APPLICANTS SHOULD BE BASED IN IRELAND WITH FULL WORKING STATUS AND RELEVANT IRISH AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE