|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||November 28, 2018|
Technical and Engineering
Job Title: Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer – Level 2
Reports to: NOC Manager
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Job Location: Limerick
Job Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Our client is one of Ireland’s leading telecoms companies providing a wide range of telecoms services on a wholesale basis and are one of the main suppliers for fibre network services to the telecommunications industry in Ireland.
The Network Operations Engineer will be employed on a permanent basis to provide technical support to the company’s NOC team.
What you will do
- Provide 2nd line technical support for the company’s Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs.
- Ensure customers are kept fully up to date with the status of notified incidents/queries as per SLAs
- Mentoring of 1st line technical support engineers.
- Provide timely completion of root cause investigations after fault scenarios.
- Planning and execution of network change activities such as network configuration changes, platform migrations, software upgrades
- Operational verification of new network infrastructure and platforms
- Facilities Management – oversee the ongoing maintenance of the company’s facilities across the country
- Change management approval and scheduling
- Vendor/partner interaction and escalation handling
- Participation in company emergency callout Rota
- Additional duties as required
You will have
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Network Operations Centre at Telecom operator
- In depth knowledge of DWDM/Carrier Ethernet Services /IP/MPLS/Wireless, preferably specialized in one with a good grounding in the others. Knowledge of Voice or VoIP would be very beneficial as well.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organizations.
- Good understanding of Co-location Build (Power, Aircon, batteries, BMS)
- Good understanding of transmission and routing & switching network principles, including service and network build experience in those platforms
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
Nice to have
- Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms – Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Juniper, Ceragon, Ciena, or Coriant (formerly Tellabs)
- Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and rollout.
- Cisco/Juniper/Nokia - IP/Ethernet certification
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
What’s on offer
The company offers excellent career prospects and a fantastic benefits package and the chance to develop your career with a leading Irish Telco company. The company is an equal opportunities employer
Salary & Benefits
Attractive salary plus excellent benefits