|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South East, Ireland|
|Date Posted||November 20, 2017|
Technical and Engineering
|Salary Range||€60,001 to €70,000|
Job title: Senior Production Engineer/Operations Manager Designate
Location: South East
Our client is a well-established and expanding engineering fabrication company based in the South East of Ireland
General SummaryOur client is looking for a strong production engineer to drive excellence in a metric-driven organization with a focus on Lean/continuous improvement activities. This position will define the manufacturing process from material planning, programming, CNC operations, tooling and assembly. This position is also responsible for the safety and ongoing performance for the whole production workforce. This is a great opportunity with excellent career prospects for any accomplished engineer looking to make that next step into management.
Essential Job FunctionsThe Senior Production Engineer reports to the Managing Director and will be involved in developing and executing a strategic vision for operational excellence with a continuous improvement focus. Responsible for directing planning and manufacturing processes to meet quality and delivery standards while driving initiatives that reduce costs, lead time and capital.
- Develop operational goals to align with division strategic deployment plan.
- Measure and monitor key operational metrics, including safety, efficiency, productivity, lead times, quality, delivery and cost.
- Establish a performance based culture by clearly defining standard work at all levels of the organization and establish system for measuring accountability to these standards.
- Create a team-based culture that is safe, respectful, maintains professionalism and meets the highest ethical standards.
- Work with other departments to coordinate and align operations and activities.
- Plan and manage work schedules, assignments, and resources to meet business objectives.
- Work with the M.D. to establish staffing plans, adhere to workplace standards, policies and practices to drive operational performance.
- Assist in the ongoing automation of production, identifying processes optimal for automation and develop plans with the M.D. to implement same.
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards to ensure compliance with QMS and customer requirements.
- Champion Lean initiatives and facilitate S5 quality initiatives throughout the plant.
- Establish and maintain equipment maintenance and production protocols ie: TPM, SMED, OEE
- Support annual budgeting and reforecast activities
Communication & people skills
- Communicate well with all levels of the organization
- Natural leader and influencer
- Build & promote Teamwork
- Hold themselves and others accountable
- Lead meetings and CI events, make presentations
- Represent the company positively and professionally
- Always maintain a customer focus in decision making
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities· Strategic Thinking, Ethical Conduct, Accountability, Metrics Driven, Presentations, Managing Change, Effective Communication, Approachability, Initiative, S5, ISO13485, Safety and Environmental Compliance, MRP and MS Office Computer Skills. Understand and meet metrics. Comfortable working in a target oriented environment. Technical knowledge of hard and soft metal CNC machining. Up to date with current machining & automation technologies.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
· 6+ years of career progression including proven management and team leading from a fabrication manufacturing background with extensive CNC machining knowledge.
· Experience executing strategies using Lean Manufacturing techniques and tools.
· Preferably living in or within easy commute of the South East
· Fluency in written and spoken English