|Location||Belfast, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||November 4, 2020|
|Salary Range||€60,001 to €70,000|
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer (Remote)
Reports to: Technical Lead
Job type: Permanent, Full time, remote working
Industry sector: Software Solutions
Location: Belfast, remote working considered
Start: ASAP subject to notice period
Salary: £60k plus excellent package and benefitsOur client, a multinational software solutions company is looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious senior quality engineer to join their team based in Belfast.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our common cloud platform development team to build challenging, high quality product features using the latest cloud technologies and techniques, which will serve our world-wide customer base. This role is responsible for ensuring that the development is of the highest quality and promotes the cloud culture throughout the team. The Senior QE is a champion of high levels of automation. The role requires a person with experience of cloud QE for cloud development. They will drive the quality required to enable frequent pushes of product to the cloud. They will promote the right mindset through the team ensuring everyone ‘owns’ quality.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities
Driving quality as the key feature of the development with a strong emphasis on automation and test driven methodology. Ensuring all aspect of the deliverable are fit for purpose be they functional or non-functional.
Ability to drive a quality cloud culture:
- Ability help the team to achieve frequent production ready releases aiming for continuous delivery of ability to push to production after every sprint.
- Continuous improvement of quality performance with reducing numbers defects and regressions.
- Degree of coverage by automated testing.
- Ability to drive a TDD methodology approach and ensure automation does not lag development but is part of development.
- Increasing (over time) the speed with equivalent complexity features can be delivered.
- Work with others to ensure the entire team thinks and executes a quality first approach and understands each member owns quality.
- Successful completion of tasks within agreed timescales.
- Ability to supervise/mentor less senior QE engineers create test plans given a set of requirements.
- Ability to analyse risk and impact of changes to determine necessary retest effort.
- Knowledge of product and to grasp
Duties & Responsibilities
Champion of Quality
Participate in the formulation and review of user stories to ensure quality aspects are considered early.
- Ensure Test Driven approach to development is understood and followed
- Help formulate the overall testing strategy and defined the needs of the systems to support this and work with DevOps to execute on this.
- Participate in assembling the Continuous Delivery pipeline to test the product.
- Review frequently the performance of the team with respect to quality to assess the adoption of quality in the team and course change where necessary. Review test plans designed to test the product at different levels i.e. integration, system, regression, functional and non-functional.
- Translate the needs for achieving quality into task and estimates working with the team to do so.
- Work with Cloud Ops in ensuring releases are ready and follow the processes required.
- Work as an embedded part of the product delivery team to ensure that changes and new features are accomplished without introducing defects.
- Collaborate with other QA Engineers, Developers, Product Managers and other areas of the business as required.
- Keep leadership appraised of current status and escalate issues/concerns in a timely manner.
- A third level qualification or equivalent in a computing or IT related discipline is essential.
Industry specific: Knowledge/experience in the following areas is essential:
- Experience of leading QA engineering in an Agile methodology for cloud-based products.
- Experience with QA engineering s/w products.
- Experience in defining an overall testing approach with automation as the key technique.
- Good knowledge of CI/ CD frameworks.
- Knowledge of testing support tools such as HP Quality Center, JIRA.
Ability to provide examples of collaborative, leading QA.
- Ability to work with Architecture/Product Manage and other stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Ability to work with both internal & external customers and deliver to timescales.
Essential Skills and experience required: A working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Testing cloud-based products (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud).
- Selenium WebDriver
- API testing/Postman/SoapUI
- Structured Query Language
Desirable Skills and experience:
Familiarity with the following:
- Docker containers.
- MS SQL databases
- Browser automation (e.g. CrossBrowserTesting.com, BrowserStacketc.)
- Accessibility Checker tools
- Web Technologies (XML, and SOAP/REST)
- Java, JUnit, TestNG
- Project experience with multiple OS e.g. Windows, Linux
- A minimum of 4+ year’s commercial experience of test automation in a Continuous Delivery environment is essential.
- A minimum of 2+ years working with cloud-based development projects/products.
Ability to operate on own initiative is essential.
- Ability to supervise less senior QE is desirable
- Team player is essential.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
Does this job appeal to you? Does it fit your career path? Belfast is a growing hub for tech innovation. Remote working options will also be considered once you are located allowing some regular enough visits to the main office in Belfast. This is a rare opportunity to create and achieve a positive work/life balance!
Contact me immediately to find out more.