|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2019|
|Salary Range||€80,001 to €90,000|
Our client a Multinational Successful Accountancy Firm near Stephens Green and is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations. They have clients of all types and sizes, in every sector, but that’s only part of the story!
Our client currently seeking a Senior Manager to join their Customs and International Trade Services Team.
The role will involve working with a team of experienced and dedicated Customs professionals; you will be responsible for working with the team to deliver quality advice and exceptional client service to their clients.
Those clients are varied across all industries and are located in Ireland and in other global markets providing an excellent opportunity to work on a wide range of complex Customs and International Trade projects.
• Responsibility for ensuring the firm’s clients comply with Customs and Excise Tax related obligations
• Organisation of work schedule to meet all filing deadlines
• Managing AEO applications
• Advising on Customs Classification and completion of BTI requests
• Completing SAD audits
• Advising on the Unified Customs Code (UCC)
• Working with colleagues to identify new opportunities to assist clients with customs tax issues
• Acting as a client contact on customs matters; attendance at client meetings; maintaining and developing client relationships
• Liaising with Revenue Commissioners
• Linking in with International colleagues in other Offices across the firms network
• Completion of ad-hoc consultancy transactions /projects and research as required
• Managing staff, mentoring and contributing to on-going training
• Developing pro-active relationships with other departments within the firm
• Researching technical customs issues and attending in-house technical meetings
• Participating in new business initiatives – tenders, marketing etc.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required:
• 7+ years’ experience in dealing with Customs related issues
• Excellent Commercial Skills holding workshops and client meetings
• Proven track record in managing deadlines and working across a large portfolio of domestic and international clients
• Operational knowledge of implementation and management of Customs Special Procedures, and in particular Inward Processing
• Understanding of IT Reporting for Customs and setting up Customs Reports using ERP systems, particularly for Special Procedures
• Confident and articulate – comfortable dealing with clients and managing staff
• Good technical knowledge of Customs, Excise and Export Control legislation
• Motivated and capable of working independently
• Experience with Excel, Word and ROS.