|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2018|
Working as part of an Engineering Group who are responsible for Product Development, maintenance, and evolution of the company’s products and services in the Fintech sector. This position is a strategic role that requires both strong technical and communication skills. You will need to have a proven track record of large system design and architecture with the ability to drive a technology roadmap.
- Drive overall system architecture and design.
- Focus on reliability, scalability, maintainability, and security of the application.
- Carry out individual performance management in order to maintain and improve productivity and quality.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Mentoring and training of existing and new team members.
- Be proactive, increasing the efficiency of the day-day operations and report on team performance.
- Contribute towards process improvement, create and implement new methods, policies and processes enabling the company to exceed business goals and service reliability.
Desired skills and experience:
- Expert software design skills (understanding the pitfalls of design decisions).
- Expert in a Microservices, REST, distributed application environment.
- Expert in Java, Python, Groovy, DSL, Functional Programming.
- Expert with Oracle, Elastic Search, or other NoSQL storage mechanisms.
- Knowledge in messaging and streaming technologies such as RMQ or Kafka.
- UNIX power user skills.
- Knowledge of XML and XML tools e.g. XQuery, XPath is a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
- Experience in an Engineering Lead role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Strong communication skills
- Creative (not afraid to take the initiative)
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Team player with willingness to learn and grow.