|Location||South Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2017|
|Salary Range||€60,001 to €70,000|
Software Engineer (one year contract - extendable)
Our client is looking to recruit an innovative Software Engineer with strong C to work on their existing signal processing software libraries platform by adding new algorithm modules and deploying on to target platforms such as Linux, Android and iOS. This exciting role will give you the opportunity to work on a world’s first, ground breaking, new product developed in collaboration with a well-known consumer devices company. You will work alongside experienced and talented algorithm, software and hardware teams. You will have the opportunity to impact and define the development of new innovative technology.
- Take existing signal processing algorithms (developed in Matlab), and re-write them in C and deploy on to target platforms such as Linux, Android and iOS
- Integrate new algorithm modules with the existing C library platform
- Verification of the C implementation
- Unit testing
- Establishment of equivalence with Matlab
- Provide an efficient C implementation to ensure that the final software operates within the time and memory constraints of the target environment
- Carry out profiling and detailed code analysis on different platforms using readily available software analysis/profiling tools
- Refactor existing C code modules when/if required
- Working within our software development environment:
- Adopting coding and software development methodologies
- Adopting source control procedures
- Adhering to software release procedures
- Adhering to quality control process
- A passionate, self-motivated, flexible and adaptive individual.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5 year’s recent commercial development experience in C.
- Experience in digital signal processing or algorithm implementation in C.
- Experience developing and deploying to Linux.
- Experience using several different debugging and profiling tools under different environments.
- Ability to work independently and to deliver deadlines.
- Experience working in a structured software environment (e.g., QMS, source control, JIRA, CUnit, Valgrind, Make).
- Experience using the Matlab development tool.
- Experience in C++, scripting, Python.
- Experience in fixed point arithmetic implementation.
Salary: eu55-70k DOE plus benefits